Week 2

    Today I took a Full Body Yoga Class taught by Sarah Beth Yoga. This was a thirty-minute Youtube Video. The focus was to work on my flexibility and strength. She emphasized performing the asanas while also breathing through each change. 

    Since I am practicing from home, it is difficult to have an authentic sacred space to practice in. I noticed that in many classes there was a similar feeling to the spaces they were in. They had a clear, open space with minimal things in the background and had a mat. I tried to emulate these things by practicing in a room that was more open and used my yoga mat. In the room that I was practicing in, I try to open my windows to allow natural light to flow in. This also helped to make the room feel more open and "sacred" for me. The room also contained plants that helped to form a specific vibe to the room. 

    I also had minimal distractions from my family and external noises. This helped me focus more on the class and specific things that we had to do. Although I cannot get the typical experience of community and peace in a studio setting with other people, my home space allows me to have comfort and intention. I am excited to continue my practice. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts