Week 10

     This week I performed a 30-minute yoga class with Fightmaster Yoga on youtube. The class was called Ashtanga Yoga Body Workout (30-minute flow) for inner peace. Her class reminded me of Andrew Eppler's class with the pace it was going and how she guided me through the class. Her voice was very calming and she explained the movements very thoroughly. I really enjoyed her class since it was 30 minutes, allowing me to get through the whole primary series in a short amount of time. 

    At the end of the practice, we went through a savasana. She paraphrased a quote from a book to give us a positive outlook while during savasana. The silence during this period allowed me to relax and calm my body and mind. In many yoga practices, there are equal parts of the asanas and the meditative part. However, some yoga practices focus primarily on the meditative part. 

    The purpose of the meditative aspect is to help an individual further their enlightenment. While I enjoy the brief part of yoga where you do absolutely nothing, it is quite difficult to actually meditate. My mind often wanders instead of focusing on the present. At the moment where I am supposed to meditate, I often get tired and fall asleep or I think about many aspects of my life. I would like to get better at meditating, but I feel like it will be a process. 

Comments

Popular Posts