Week 13

    This week I performed a 30-minute yoga class with Fightmaster Yoga on youtube again. The class was called Ashtanga Yoga Body Workout (30-minute flow) for inner peace.  It really allows me to work on my Ashtanga practice while sparing me time for other things in my day. I enjoy using this video for my yoga practice. It works with my schedule, I love the way it is taught, and it is free. Although, I am not getting the community setting by taking it in a yoga studio, I think it is a good alternative for now during this pandemic.

    Yoga is often viewed with a spiritual connotation. Those who practice it are often regarded as or have a stereotype of being spiritual. Spirituality can be defined as having a deeper connection to something larger than oneself. The way yoga is taught to be spiritual is to look at the body and practice as a sacred entity. Through this sacredness one can work towards enlightenment.

    In my own personal practice, my ultimate goal is not enlightenment. My goal is to better my mental health and decrease my stress levels. Through the meditative aspect at the end of each yoga class, I am able to work on this spirituality. While I still do not consider myself a spiritual person, I do practice on working on my inner self. 

Comments

Popular Posts